Sketches4All's Hosted Monthly Challenge for November:

For my current/on-going November 2011 "Dessert, Coffee or Tea Inspired By Challenge 1" at Sketches4All, click here.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Birthday Layouts for Practical Scrappers Call & A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge

I've recently celebrated my birthday (April 3 to be exact) with my family and a friend on separate occasions.  I wasn't really in the mood to celebrate but their enthusiasm and the chance presented to spend quality time with them to celebrate got me in the mood to do so.  I was able to capture a few photos to document the occasion.  And challenges at Colorful Creations and Paper Secrets presented an opportunity to scrap some of these photos.

With the "Birthday Layout" call of Practical Scrappers & A Spoon Full of Sugar's "Let's Celebrate" Challenge #148 Tuesday weekly challenge dtd April 19, 2011, I'm now sharing these recently created layouts with everyone.  In a  way, it's a chance of extending my birthday celebration to a month-long thing by showcasing the documented event with memories preserved for a lifetime.  Here they are:

TITLE: PAELLA WITH CHIE


(also an entry to Colorful Creations' "Spring Fling" Online Crop Favorite Quote Challenge last April 8-9, 2011)

SUPPLIES: Non-Woven Wrapping Papers: Hallmark, Specialty Paper: Star Paper Corp., Foam Alphabet Stickers: All About Scrapbooking, Flowers: Prima, Journaling Tag: All About Scrapbooking, Photo Frame: 2010 Scrapbooking Calendar by Accord Publishing, Stitching Rub-Ons: K&Company, Happy Birthday Confetti: UBL, Sketch: Lucy Chesna.

QUTOE: Hold a TRUE FRIEND with both your hands.  – Nigerian Proverb

JOURNALING: It was a birthday treat for me in advance with a surprise “on the house” birthday dessert of Brazo de Mercedes with cherry in the middle.  Charitess was going back home to CANADA on April 25, 2011 so we scheduled to meet again for a Paella Valenciana --- March 31, 2011 ---

NOTES:  The pink background paper and the pink printed paper were actually Hallmark Non-woven wrapping papers I saved from my friend's gift given to me on that get-together. 

-------------------------
The next LOs were taken on my 2 day out-of-town birthday celebration with the family . . . .


TITLE: BIRTHDAY BY TAAL
(an entry to 2 previous challenges: 1) at Colorful Creations' Guest Designer Sketch Series; and 2) Paper Secrets' Birthday Month's P-A-R-T-Y Stash Challenge)

SUPPLIES: Paper: SEI, 3D Embellishments: Ling Designs, Journaling Tag: All About Scrapbooking, Foam Alphabet Stickers: All About Scrapbooking, Happy Birthday Confetti: UBL, Sketch: Brenshevia Baker, Other: Doily, Lace.

JOURNALING: Steak Burrito, Burger & Libertea Snack at Tagaytay’s Army Navy Club while waiting for a room at View Park Hotel  (4-2-11)

DESIGN NOTES:  I created my own birthday paper out of an existing floral patterned paper by adding birthday party confetti on it. 

TITLE: 2 BIRTHDAY GIRLS

(an entry to 2 previous challenges: 1) at Colorful Creations' Monday Mixer Weekly Challenge; and 2) Paper Secrets "Birthday Bash" April 2011 Sketch Challenge)

SUPPLIES: Paper: courtesy of Janice Lane Sorgea (background paper), Stack’Em (Spring Collection), K&Company, Embroidery Thread: DMC, Foam Alphabet Stickers: All About Scrapbooking, Ribbon: EK Success, Sketch: Inspired Blueprints & Pencil Lines, Other: Craft Buttons, Wooden Flowers.  TOOLS: Puncher: Martha Stewart.

NOTES:  A lot are bewildered when my sister and I divulge that we have the same birthday but we aren't twins.  It just so happen that we were born on the same birthday but of different year.  Thus, the 2 of us celebrate our birthday together.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Bday! My middle daughter celebrated her 20th April 3rd also. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete