Sketches4All's Hosted Monthly Challenge for November:

For my current/on-going November 2011 "Dessert, Coffee or Tea Inspired By Challenge 1" at Sketches4All, click here.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Graduation & Mother's Day LOs published in April issue of SNR Magazine

Though surprised at (1) of my LO being published in Scrapbook News & Review April 2011 vol. 4 issue 4, I was glad that 3 of my LOs: 2 for Mother's Day & 1 Graduation theme, made it in this issue.  Though these were previously posted here in prior months, I'm divulging all the details that entailed these 3 pages:

For the Graduation theme:

TITLE: Grade School
SUPPLIES:  Paper: All About Scrapbooking, Others: Various School Supplies, A Writing Theme Notebook’s Sheet in Filipino Language, Grade School Leaf Skeleton, Clipart graphics

DESIGN NOTES:  What great way to depict your grade school years by having a copy of one of your school projects and other memorabilia showcased on your page.  In this case, it’s the leaf skeleton I chose to use an embellishment which is reminiscent of my favorite grade school science school project we had in our last year in grade school.  On top of that, a sample of your school supplies were scattered all over the page e.g.  a page sample of your writing theme notebook in our native dialect to herald the days that you were part of the school’s newspaper team as a news reporter.  Wouldn’t it be fun to look back at those days by looking at this page?


For Mother's Day:

1st LO TITLE: "Ma and Me"




SUPPLIES:  Paper: All About Scrapbooking, Chipboard letters: All About Scrapbooking, Foam letter stickers: All About Scrabooking, Decorative letters: K&Company, Other: Specialty papers

NOTES:  I dedicate this page to my mother on Mother’s Day. The photo was taken last year on an out-of-town trip.  We seldom get a photo taken together making this a fabulous opportunity to devote a page to my mom for all the wonderful times we have together.  And for always being there for me in good times and in bad.  HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY, MOM!!



TITLE: "Ma and I"

SUPPLIES:  Papers, Flowers, Foam Stamps, Distressing Ink Pads, Foil Strips, Word & Quote Stickers: All About Scrapbooking, Sketch: Susan Coish for Colorful Creations, TOOLS: Puncher: Martha Stewart

DESIGN NOTES:  The theme for this Mother’s Day page is Now and Then.  I made use of stamping and distressing techniques on this layout.  The blue background paper, I stamped with flowers and leaves in black and green distressing inks respectively.  I further dabbed brown distressing ink near the edges of the blue background paper to be more apt for the theme of the layout.  I made use of fussy cutting for the bottom right corner of the page which I later on embellished with two-toned butterflies in white and brown colors.  For the photos, I chose two different sized photos: one taken in the 1970s and the other a more recent one.  I double matted these making use of decorative scissors for the inner matt and distressing for the outer matt.  And to call attention to the title and to the details of the paper at the bottom right, I outlined these with gold foil strips.  The journaling so as to be readable, I cut and wrote on the back of the patterned paper which is white in color.  The patterned papers were chosen in dark hues for a nostalgic effect in line with the theme of the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment