I personally like the lay-out I was able to create for this challenge. It's very close to my heart. First, it's because the photo utilized is the one with my deceased grandfather whom I seldom see when he was still alive. I couldn't remember my sentiments when the photo was taken but I must have been proud posing in my ballet attire with him. Second, it's the only photo taken of me with my ballet outfit. I never really thought of taking ballet to be one great ballerina and I never did become one nor progressed more than just the Grade 1 class in Ballet. I wonder if I really took the heart to become a good dancer . . . albeit a little ballerina at a young age. But I'm surely glad that I took the classes, now that I'm much older. How I wish I had a photo doing a recital as I can't even remember being on one. Gosh! Such a far off time to remember. :(
Other than the above, I love the colors I was able to use on my layout . . . achieving my 1st monochromatic lay-out with such softness that I could muster and visualize making. I think this is one of my fave LOs.
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge #85 is "Lots of Layers". You could submit any project as long as it fits the challenge theme. Winner to be drawn randomly with sponsor prize of 3 images from The Stamping Boutique Tues, Sep. 27, 2011 at US timezone. Participants have until Sun., Sept. 25, 2011 to link their entries at the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog.
SUPPLIES: Paper: Daisy D's, Star Paper Corp., Alphabet: American Craft, Flower: All About Scrapbooking, Doll: All About Scrapbooking, Crystals: Zva Creative, Digi Image: The Stamping Boutique's "Ballet Shoes", Inspiration Sketch: Creative Scrappers, TOOLS: Paper Shapers: Provo Craft.
1. The Stamping Boutique Challenge #15 – Recipe Challenge
2. Fab n’ Funky Challenge #90 – Bingo with 1st column down (embellishments, digi image, & flower)
3. The Play Date Café Challenge #99 PDCC99 – Photo Inspiration
4. By the Cute and Girly September Challenge – All thing Bright and Beautiful
5. Cardmadfairy’s Digi Days Challenge #17 – Lots of Layers
6. Pattie’s Creations Challenge #30 – Girlie Things (ballerina shoes – digi image used)
7. Crafty Emma Challenge #54 – Embellish Me More (4 embellies: flower, doll, crystal swirls & digi image)
8. ECP Challenge #47 – 6 Patterned Papers
9. Creative Stamp Friends Challenge #34 – Anything but a Card