Sketches4All's Hosted Monthly Challenge for November:

For my current/on-going November 2011 "Dessert, Coffee or Tea Inspired By Challenge 1" at Sketches4All, click here.

MIGRATING TO A NEW BLOG:

Please find me at my new blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

I'll be synchronizing blogposts here ("Let's Get Scrappy!") and at my new blog (Creo by Lady Katutz) from today until December 31, 2011.

By 2012, I'll be leaving this blog and will be residing or continuing my blogging at my new website address.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could drop by and follow me at my new blogging home at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave a comment or feedback as to my new blog home.

Thanks in advance!!

Kath

Monday, September 26, 2011

'Together' LO for Kaboodle Doodles Challenge #86: The Pretty Doily

Kaboodle Doodles Challenge #86 is "The Pretty Doily".  You could submit any project as long as it fits the challenge theme.  Winner to be drawn randomly with sponsor prize of 3 images from Phooka Tues, Oct. 4, 2011 at US timezone.  Participants have until Sun., Oct. 2, 2011 to link their entries at the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog.

I was always facinated with scrap-pages incorporating a doily or two. . . may it be plain or dyed.  I was afraid I may not be able to create a layout as beautiful as those I've seen.  With this week's Kaboodle's challenge, I was given a chance to create with this pretty item.  Afraid as I was, I was ready to take it on.  Finding a doily with a coffee drink on an after-dinner aperitif we had, I took home this precious doily with a hope to utilize it in the future.  And true enough, here I am with a scrap-page to show to everyone.  I have to admit, though, that the outcome wasn't what I had so much expected.  But I guess not bad for a start. . .  would you agree with me?  Below is my creation:


SUPPLIES:  Paper: Daisy D’s, Chipboard Alphas: American Craft,  Flower: All About Scrapbooking, Buttons: All About Scrapbooking, Digi Image: Phooka’s ‘Cute Fox’, ‘Giraffe’ & ‘Little Lamb’, Ribbon: Hallmark, Other: Doily.

NOTE: THIS IS A SCHEDULED POST.  I MAY HAVE A PREVIOUS POST WITH ANOTHER DOILY LAYOUT BUT THIS IS THE Layout that came out 1st from my crafting table.  Sorry friends, I can't share the photo of my layout for it's out on publication.  Will share them by Oct. 19, 2011. . . Please be patient with me.

Drop by Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog for more inspiration from the DTs.

No comments:

Post a Comment