Sketches4All's Hosted Monthly Challenge for November:

For my current/on-going November 2011 "Dessert, Coffee or Tea Inspired By Challenge 1" at Sketches4All, click here.

Monday, September 26, 2011

'Together' LO for Kaboodle Doodles Challenge #86: The Pretty Doily

Kaboodle Doodles Challenge #86 is "The Pretty Doily".  You could submit any project as long as it fits the challenge theme.  Winner to be drawn randomly with sponsor prize of 3 images from Phooka Tues, Oct. 4, 2011 at US timezone.  Participants have until Sun., Oct. 2, 2011 to link their entries at the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog.

I was always facinated with scrap-pages incorporating a doily or two. . . may it be plain or dyed.  I was afraid I may not be able to create a layout as beautiful as those I've seen.  With this week's Kaboodle's challenge, I was given a chance to create with this pretty item.  Afraid as I was, I was ready to take it on.  Finding a doily with a coffee drink on an after-dinner aperitif we had, I took home this precious doily with a hope to utilize it in the future.  And true enough, here I am with a scrap-page to show to everyone.  I have to admit, though, that the outcome wasn't what I had so much expected.  But I guess not bad for a start. . .  would you agree with me?  Below is my creation:


SUPPLIES:  Paper: Daisy D’s, Chipboard Alphas: American Craft,  Flower: All About Scrapbooking, Buttons: All About Scrapbooking, Digi Image: Phooka’s ‘Cute Fox’, ‘Giraffe’ & ‘Little Lamb’, Ribbon: Hallmark, Other: Doily.

NOTE: THIS IS A SCHEDULED POST.  I MAY HAVE A PREVIOUS POST WITH ANOTHER DOILY LAYOUT BUT THIS IS THE Layout that came out 1st from my crafting table.  Sorry friends, I can't share the photo of my layout for it's out on publication.  Will share them by Oct. 19, 2011. . . Please be patient with me.

Drop by Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog for more inspiration from the DTs.

No comments:

Post a Comment