Sketches4All's Hosted Monthly Challenge for November:

For my current/on-going November 2011 "Dessert, Coffee or Tea Inspired By Challenge 1" at Sketches4All, click here.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's Day LOs for Colorful Creations Challenges & for the Party at PAPER ISSUES

The 1st LO or Valentine's Day page I created was for an Inspired By Challenge at Colorful Creations.  The 2nd LO or page was in answer to "Whose Your Valentine?" Challenge also in Colorful Creations.    I'm also entering these 2 pages to the Valentine's Day Party at PAPER ISSUES, shown below:


TITLE:  HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY & HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!
 
SUPPLIES: Be Loved “Beautiful Branches” Paper:  My Mind’s Eye Paper Kit courtesy of Brenda Ragsdale, Flower: Jolee’s Boutique courtesy of Brenda Ragsdale, Glitter Glue: Leeho, Others: Red & Gold Ribbons

JOURNALING: 2010 Year of the Tiger
Here’s greeting everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day and “Kung Hei Fat Choi” on the Lunar Year.
Wearing a black printed cheongsam to celebrate the 2 occasions at Josephine’s, Tagaytay. February 14, 2010.

DESIGN NOTES:  For the page above, I've made use of improvised scalloped circle cut in half out of plain specialty paper.  I've made a template out of cardboard by tracing a die cut onto it.  It's a nice way to economize.  I merely outlined the scallops' edges with gold for a fabulous effect and reinforced the design with red and gold ribbons across.




SUPPLIES:  Smitten Stripes Cardstock Paper, Journaling tag, Heart & Adore Embellishment: My Mind’s Eye Be Loved Paper Kit, Glitter Glue: Leeho, Others: gold ribbons, red specialty paper

JOURNALING: My Valentine – My Family.  “Families are Forever”. Josephine’s, Tagaytay, Valentine’s Day & Kung Hei Fat Choi.  Feb. 14, 2010 {year of the tiger}.

DESIGN NOTES:  Again for the page above, I've made use of improvised scalloped square cut in half out of plain specialty paper.  I've made a template out of cardboard by tracing a BoBunny paper onto it.  It's a nice way to economize on paper and die cuts.  I merely outlined the scallops' edges with gold for a fabulous effect and reinforced the design with gold ribbons on one side for a glittering total look.  

I hope you guys liked my 2 Valentine's Day works of art.  Have a nice day, y'all!  =) 

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on getting your blog up and running Kathleen! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete